Give your students with multiple impairments
a more fulfilling life.
(What they will get out of the product. Why I understand them.)
Students with multiple disabilities have needs that we don't always learn about in our University classes. Each individual student has an array of obstacles/complications that can make it difficult to understand what they need in order to live their most independent, fulfilling lives.
For the past 11 years, I have seen this happen over and over again. It happens to all of us. We get a student who has multiple disabilities on our caseload. While we know they can accomplish so much more than they are doing right now, we aren't exactly sure how to help them get there or how to get their entire team on board.
In this study group, you will gain the knowledge and strategies that you need to effectively assess and teach children with multiple disabilities. You will have the confidence that you know what and how to assess students with multiple disabilities, how to write appropriate goals, and how work with each team member in order to help them increase their travel skills. You will be able to design Adapted Mobility Devices with ease and teach appropriate cane skills to a wide variety of students with multiple disabilities.
4 monthly live an online video conference webinars to help you gain the strategies you need and have your questions answered.
We will meet over Zoom to allow each person the ability to share their ideas, case study information, and ask questions.
Using effective methods to help your students with multiple impairments, you will finally begin to see your students' independence rise to it's fullest potential.
Study guides will help you plan your lessons and record your benchmark data.
Join a group of dedicated Orientation and Mobility Specialists, just like you.
Get your questions answered before our monthly meetings in our private forums.
Learn from one another as you use the teaching methods in real world situations.
Study Group Information:
AS AN ADDED BONUS!
(Because you would totally do this even without the credits.)
This Study Group is eligible for 6 ACVREP Credits.
1/hour of webinar and 1/2 hour per month of assignments.
Meet your teacher:
Kassandra Maloney, M.S., COMS, has been a Certified Orientation and Mobility Specialist for the past 11 years.
Throughout her time as an O&M Specialist, the majority of Kassy's caseload was primarily comprised of students with multiple impairments.
Kassy knows just how hard it can be to feel confident in addressing the needs of students with visual and multiple impairments. As an O&M Specialist, she developed a variety of strategies that has helped her improve her students' ability to know where they are in space and their ability to use their AMD, cane, or visual travel skills to access their environments.
$97 (Beta Round)
Registration opens August 20-- September 21. Class begins September 24.
Module 1: Assessment & Goal Writing
- Learn how to assess students with multiple disabilities.
- Develop appropriate goals and objectives for students with multiple disabilities.
- Choose a student as your case study.
Module 2: Spatial Awareness, Body Awareness, and Orientation
- Orientation strategies that help your student reach their fullest potential.
- Increase your students' spatial awareness and body awareness so they know where they are in space.
Module 3: AMD + Cane Skills
- Mobility strategies that help your student increase their independence while traveling.
- How to create Adapted Mobility Devices.
- Learn effective strategies to teach AMD and cane techniques to students with multiple disabilities.
Module 4: Working with the Team
+ Case Study Wrap Up
- Collaborating with the team to create a transdisciplinary approach to instruction.
- Caseload analyses. How did your students perform.
Join the O&M for Students with Multiple Disabilities Study Group and receive:
- Four live professional development webinars to help you learn the content and answer your questions.
- Study guides to help you assess the needs of your students, write appropriate goals, and increase their travel abilities with greater ease.
- Lifetime access to the content of the study group.
- A community of a dedicated group of Orientation and Mobility Specialists.
$97 (Beta round only)